Let an expert handle your paper. Order a top-notch nursing essay paper on Social media gives you a sense of community Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
Social media gives you a sense of community Essay Assignment Paper
Assignment: “social media gives you a sense of community” or “social media isolates you from others”
“social media gives you a sense of community” or “social media isolates you from others”
It is my stance that social media isolates you from others. Turkle (2012) reports researching the impact of social media on society for years. She has decided over the years that social media use can lead to isolation. I agree. Agosto (2012) asserts that teens have an identified preference with regard to social media platform used depending on purpose of communication. Teens clearly identified that some communication needs to be done personally, such as planning for celebrations, etc.
I feel that there is some understanding in today’s special media savvy world that relationships must be maintained by face to face interaction. Increasingly, teens and adults are on social media even when in the same room. The only engagement seen in houses across the country are on the internet, often times with each other while sitting in the same room. People do take their internet use too far, at times to the detriment of personal relationships (Turtle, 2012; Agosto, 2012). Instant internet connection leads to the validation others look for. As such, teens learn that social media interaction is instantly rewarding. This will lead to excessive social media interaction and a decrease in face to face interactions. The consistent lessened interactions in social settings can lead to social anxiety and questioning self-worth.
Agosto, D. E., Abbas, J., & Naughton, R. (2012). Relationships and social rules: Teens’ social network and other ICT selection
practices. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(6), 1108–1124. DOI:
Turkle, S. (2012). Connected, but alone. TEDTalk.
Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/sherry_turkle_alone_together
Vogel, E. A., Rose, J. P., Roberts, L. R., Eckles, K. (2014). Social comparison, social media, and
self-esteem. Psychology of Popular Media Culture. 3(4), 206-222. doi: 10.1037/ppm0000047
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when Best Nursing Papers writers got you covered. Our Best Nursing Papers writing service got your back!
Get top-notch nursing paper help on: Social media gives you a sense of community Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
Our unique nursing essay writing features:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We offer flexible prices. You may pick from College to Ph.D. quality. You may pick from 5/6 hours to 20 days.