Let an expert handle your paper. Order a top-notch nursing essay paper on New FNP in a restricted state establishing care for the first time with your practice Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
New FNP in a restricted state establishing care for the first time with your practice Essay Assignment Paper
Case study : You are a new FNP in a restricted state and you have your DEA license and state furnishing for schedule II-V controlled substances
You are a new FNP in a restricted state and you have your DEA license and state furnishing for schedule II-V controlled substances. You are working at a busy family practice group and you have a patient, ML, that is establishing care for the first time with your practice, and comes to you with the following scenario:
· ML is a 54 y.o. Hispanic female with hx of chronic shoulder and back pain that began 10 years ago when she was in a boating accident
· She lives in both US and Mexico, making regular visits across the border; lately, she has stayed in US due to Covid border crossing constraints, living with her daughter’s family
· She had rotator cuff surgery in 2011 and reports to you that due to a long operation and poor positioning, she has suffered from not only pain, but also chronic numbness and tingling in her R shoulder
· As “la abuela” (grandma) she is the primary caregiver of the children and homemaker for her family and her pain is exacerbated with housework, and especially with the prolonged carrying of her grandchildren; one of which is 10 m.o.
· Currently, her med list is as follows
· Losartan 50 mg BID for HTN
· Gabapentin 300 mg po BID for pain
· Atorvastatin 40 mg daily for cholesterol
· Diazepam 5 mg po up to TID prn pain
· Norco 5/325 mg – takes up to two, sometimes up to 4-5x a day, prn pain
· She is a smoker, only smokes outside the house, and drinks 2-3 cans of beer on the weekends, but more on family celebrations
· Denies recreational drugs and denies past overdoses
· Recently moved to CA more permanently to stay to take care of children during Covid/school closures
· She asks you to refill all her meds for 6 months like her doctor in Mexico did so she doesn’t have to make another co-pay and come back and see you so often; it’s hard for her to get an appointment, and with Covid her daughter has to take off of work to watch the kids just so she can come to you by bus since there is only one family car
· Here VS are 135/75, 80, 97.5, 20 and PE unremarkable other than R shoulder exam with pain with ROM, but full ROM, no tenderness, otherwise normal, back exam including SLR are normal/neg
In 600 or fewer words, but a minimum of 250, please describe your approach with this patient. In your paragraphs, include the following:
· What concerns do you have about her current regimen, and what alternatives will you discuss and offer? What other screenings might you apply? What are your own ethical standards on this case that you might consider in addition to legal standards?
· Provide a sample of an appropriate pain contract that would suit this patient and address her specific safety concerns (cite it and attach the actual contract you found – you do not have to make your own – there are plenty online)
· Include your steps to ensure safe prescribing. Include the registry you will search prior to any prescribing; name the CA registry and if you are in a different state, you should name that registry also.
· If you were to keep her current list, what are the laws surrounding refills and the amounts you are allowed to dispense with the schedule II and III medications in the state of CA? In your own state?
· Which medications on her list may you call into the pharmacy and which would you need a written script or electronic order? What are some elements required to include on the prescription form (paper or electronic signature) for the scheduled medications?
· After you prescribe, how, when, and where would you (or your staff) go about making a report of your scheduled prescription in the state registry so that other prescribers and pharmacies could be aware?
· In restricted states, APRN prescribers must follow a standardized procedure or protocol for furnishing schedule II and III controlled substances with a patient-specific approach. Please outline the minimum required components of a protocol. You may outline this in bullet form. Alternatively, you may find an appropriate protocol, clinical guideline, or standardized procedure from a literature search and attach it in lieu of outlining your own protocol.
Length: A minimum of 250 words, max of 600 not including references or attachments
Citations: At least two high-level scholarly references in APA from within the last 5 years
Now is the time to take a break from schoolwork. With Top Nursing Papers, you need not worry about rushing to complete important nursing essays again. If you need help writing a nursing paper, count on our top-notch online nursing essay writing team.
We are the best nursing assignment writing service available if you need assistance with your paper. Regardless of how complex your nursing paper is, our TopNursingPapers writers are up to the challenge.
The top-notch service that slays nursing research papers.
Since our nursing paper writers have extensive knowledge in the field, they can complete assignments on any subject related to nursing, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, education, gynecology, healthcare, nutrition, or pharmacology.
We promise that every one of our customers will be completely satisfied with our services.
We guarantee that your paper will be original and delivered on time, with full confidentiality and support available at all times.
Get top-notch nursing paper help on: New FNP in a restricted state establishing care for the first time with your practice Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
Our unique nursing essay writing features:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We offer flexible prices. You may pick from College to Ph.D. quality. You may pick from 5/6 hours to 20 days.