Let an expert handle your paper. Order a top-notch nursing essay paper on Evan is a psychiatric nurse working on an inpatient floor Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
Evan is a psychiatric nurse working on an inpatient floor Essay Assignment Paper
Assignment: Psychiatric Nurse working on Inpatients
Evan is a psychiatric nurse working on an inpatient floor in a general community hospital. Mr. Girardi has been in a car accident, which has landed both him and his daughter in critical care. Because of Mr. Girardi’s extensive injuries, his physicians prescribe that he be put on light sedatives that do not induce coma but keep him sleepy and calm. They simultaneously decide to not immediately inform him of his daughter’s critical condition. The rationale for both decisions is their concern that he not cry, which would cause extended damage to his perforated lung. Mr. Girardi is kept drowsy and motionless and as pain-free as possible. He has asked about his daughter, but when told that the staff will check on her, he is satisfied with that and drifts back to sleep.
Mr. Girardi’s wife arrives to stay with him. It is 3:18 a.m., and Evan has just administered Mr. Girardi a sedative through his IV set. Mrs. Girardi tells Evan that her husband took his last “kidney stone pill” at 6 p.m. with his dinner before he and his daughter left the house. “He’s overdue for that kidney stone pill,” Mrs. Girardi says. “He’s not supposed to skip that.”
Evan says, “He shouldn’t take anything else right now, but I’ll check that out.” She assures Mrs. Girardi that she’ll ask the doctor about that and leaves the room.
Fifteen minutes later, Evan returns, explaining that she consulted with the hospital surgeon, who checked with Mr. Girardi’s urologist. The urologist confirmed that the “kidney stone pill” was a painkiller, which, under the circumstances, should be discontinued as long as Mr. Girardi is on the more powerful IV sedatives.
“Oh, that’s okay,” Mrs. Girardi tells Evan. “He woke up a bit while you were gone, and I was able to give him his pills.”
Mr. Girardi suffers moderate complications from the IV sedative and oral analgesic combination, which extends his hospital stay by 2 days. The Girardis feel the hospital should have been in better control of the overdose, saying that if the staff had been on top of things and supervising more closely, this would not have happened.
1. In the case of Mr. Girardi, do you think this case is most concerned with a cause, in fact, proximate cause, or foreseeability of harm?
2. Explain your rationale for your answer to Question
Include scholarly evidence to support your answer.
Now is the time to take a break from schoolwork. With Top Nursing Papers, you need not worry about rushing to complete important nursing essays again. If you need help writing a nursing paper, count on our top-notch online nursing essay writing team.
We are the best nursing assignment writing service available if you need assistance with your paper. Regardless of how complex your nursing paper is, our TopNursingPapers writers are up to the challenge.
The top-notch service that slays nursing research papers.
Since our nursing paper writers have extensive knowledge in the field, they can complete assignments on any subject related to nursing, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, education, gynecology, healthcare, nutrition, or pharmacology.
We promise that every one of our customers will be completely satisfied with our services.
We guarantee that your paper will be original and delivered on time, with full confidentiality and support available at all times.
Get top-notch nursing paper help on: Evan is a psychiatric nurse working on an inpatient floor Essay Assignment Paper from online nursing esssay experts
Our unique nursing essay writing features:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We offer flexible prices. You may pick from College to Ph.D. quality. You may pick from 5/6 hours to 20 days.